Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment (OTM-R)
- The rationale: Why is OTM-R essential?
- The principles and guideline: What a good OTM-R system should look like?
- A checklist for institutions as a self-assessment tool: How do the current practices rate?
- The toolkit: A step by step guide to improve the OTM-R practices
- Examples of good practice
OTM-R ensures that the best person for the job is recruited, guarantees equal opportunities and access for all, facilitates developing an international portfolio (cooperation, competition, mobility) and makes research careers more attractive. OTM-R brings benefits to researchers, institutions and the wider research system. More specifically, OTM-R makes research careers more attractive, ensures equal opportunities for all candidates and facilitates mobility. Overall, it may contribute to an increase in the cost-effectiveness of investments in research!
Source: EURAXESS portal
Recruitment policy at University of Belgrade
University of Belgrade is fully committed to the principles of OTM-R. Our recruitment policy is expressed in several bylaws (in Serbian):
- Statute of the University of Belgrade
- Regulation on minimal conditions for obtaining the title of lecturer at the University of Belgrade with amendments
- Regulation on the manner and procedure of obtaining the title of lecturer and on establishing the employment status at the University of Belgrade
- Code of Professional Ethics
- Regulation on determining the types of non-academic behavior concerning written works with amendments
- Rulebook of the faculties’ ethical committees and of the University Ethical Committee with amendments