Phone number 1:+381 11 32 07 462
Phone number 2:+381 11 32 07 439
Students Parliament of the University shall be a body which helps students exercise their rights and protect their interests at the University.
Students Parliament shall be made of representatives of each faculty of the University, depending on the total number of students enrolled in the faculty, aiming at ensuring the appropriate representation of students of each faculty. Students Parliament currently consists of 45 members.
Term of office of members of the Students Parliament of the University shall be one year.
Students Parliament of the University shall:
- appoint and dismiss the President and vice-president of the Students Parliament of the University;
- adopt general acts for its work;
- establish working bodies dealing with specific activities within the scope of authorities of the Students Parliament of the University;
- appoint and dismiss the representatives of the students in bodies of the University;
- make a proposal to the Council for the Student Vice-Rector candidate;
- bring the procedure for the dismissal of students Vice-Rector, pursuant to the Statute;
- adopt the annual plan and activities programme of the Students Parliament of the University;
- adopt a general act which will define the organisational and functional interdependency of the Students Parliament of the University with the students parliaments of the faculties at the University;
- integrate the work of students parliaments of all faculties within the University;
- discuss issues and implement activities relating to evaluation and assurance of teaching quality, curricula reform, analysis of the effectiveness of studies and allocation of the number of ECTS points, improvement of students mobility, inspiring scientific research of students, protection of students rights and improvement of students standards;
- together with the Rector, Council and Senate, take care of the work of the University centre for students organisations, the University Career Development Centre and the University Information Centre, pursuant to the general act adopted by the Council;
- organise and implement programmes of extra-curriculum activities of the students;
- take part in the procedure of University self-evaluation, pursuant to the general act adopted by the Senate;
- establish students inter-university and international cooperation;
- appoint and dismiss members of the Students Conference of Universities among the students of the University;
- appoint and dismiss students representatives in the bodies and assemblies of other institutions and associations in which there are students representatives of the University, pursuant to the general act of the institution, association i.e. the University;
- make proposals to the Senate regarding the draft of the annual programme of work of the University outlined in Article 141, Paragraph 3 of the Statute;
- adopt the annual report on the work of student Vice-Rector;
- adopt the financial plan and report on the financial operations of the Students Parliament of the University;
- adopt the annual report on the work submitted by the President of the Students Parliament of the University;
- appoint and dismiss the members of the Commission for Students Standard among the students – residents of students Halls of Residence which will monitor the quality of services of the institutions in charge of student standards and propose measures for their improvement;
- perform other activities, pursuant to the Law, the Statute and general acts of the University.