The Centre for Students with Disabilities
Phone number:+381 11 3370 686
Fax:+381 11 3248 681
Address:71 Bulevar kralja Aleksandra, Belgrade
The University Centre for Students with Disabilities was opened on 20 March 2008. The centre was the first such centre in the region and the University of Belgrade showed that it is one of the leaders in the filed of improving the position of the disabled students in Serbia. The main goal of the Centre is to provide support to the disabled students so that they can have equal opportunities for a quality higher education, which refers to:
- The development and improvement of the conditions for studying for the students with disabilities;
- Providing support for reading, scanning and transforming the textbooks into audio and electronic format for students with disabilities;
- Providing support for the translation into the gesture language;
- Providing information for students with disabilities on the conditions for studying and ways of support at the faculties, helping them when choosing a future faculty, providing them information on the possibility of prospective employment upon the graduation;
- Organising seminars, public panels and media coverage in order to motivate students with disabilities to enroll in faculties, as well as to raise the public awareness in Serbia of issues regarding the students with disabilities;
- Cooperating with the relevant institutions so as to make the position of the disabled students better.
The University of Belgrade will continue to develop the Centre, together with all relevant institutions, with the aim to improve the quality of the Centre to the level of the similar world centres.
We are certain that this is one of the key steps for a significant improvement of the position of the disabled students and hope that other Serbian universities will focus on the same issue.