Number:+381 11 3207 419
Fax:+381 11 3248 681
Address:1 Studentski trg, Belgrade
In order to create a professional university service to support students and recent graduates in developing practical knowledge and skills, or continuing education upon graduation and to connect them to the business community, the Foundation of Crown Prince Alexander for Culture and Education in cooperation with the University of Belgrade and the University of Nottingham has initiated the establishment of the Centre for Career Development.
The Centre has been officially founded by the University of Belgrade on the 5th December 2006 as a member of the University of Belgrade and it has its door opened for students at the premises of the Rectorate of the University of Belgrade daily from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m.
The major goal of the Centre is to create a connection between the employers and the recently graduated students, to develop the awareness among students about the modern-days requirements. Student need to develop practical skills and increase capabilities in order to be prepared for the rapidly changing labour market. Employers want more than Faculty diplomas. The Centre is here to assist students to develop skills and knowledge relevant for employment, to gain work experience during the studies, to learn about the business world and its rules, as well as to think about options in a constructive way, in order to be prepared for the next step, after graduation. The Centre promotes students and graduates of Belgrade University as future experts in different areas of business and promotes the University of Belgrade as a leading institution of higher education in the region.
Activities of the Centre:
- working on development of student’s capabilities, knowledge and practical skills relevant for employment;
- providing information for students on various opportunities: additional education, scholarships in the country and abroad, vacancies;
- connecting students and employers through internship programmes and trainings in the leading companies and organizations in the country;
- organizing presentations of the companies, and of their business ethics and policy;
- providing counseling services for students with dilemmas about their career choice or positioning on the labour market upon graduation;
- other activities of student counselling regarding career development such as organizing seminars and workshops on job search techniques, writing good CVs and cover letters, preparation for job interview, etc ;
- coordinating work of the existing Career Centres at faculty level;
- Following-up strategic goals in the area of employment in cooperation with the Centre for Strategic Management and Planning;
- Cooperating with other University Centres.